Chiropractic Care for Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain is a common problem that Americans deal with every day. Chiropractic care can effectively reduce inflammation, provide pain relief, and hasten the healing process. At Le Fevre Chiropractic in Logan, UT, we provide shoulder pain treatment and more without the need for medication or surgery.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
- Dislocated shoulder: A dislocated shoulder, also known as subluxation, occurs when the shoulder bone has been pushed or pulled out of its normal position. This can often occur in a slip and fall accident or as a result of a sports injury.
- Shoulder Bursitis: The shoulder bursa (plural bursae) is a tiny fluid-filled sac located next to the tendons of your shoulder. This sac serves as a gliding surface to allow your shoulder to move effortlessly. Unfortunately, an injury can cause the bursa to become inflamed, resulting in bursitis which causes mild to severe shoulder pain.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a term we use to describe a shoulder that feels stiff, with a limited range of motion, and any motion you do have is difficult and painful. Frozen shoulder can occur after a sports injury or car accident or it can happen as a result of surgery or a medical condition such as a stroke or diabetes.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: A torn rotator cuff can be especially painful and is caused by either overextending one of the four tendons that cover the shoulder joint. This can occur due to swinging too hard with a baseball bat or by having one of your tendons suffer a direct impact.
- Strains & Sprains: Muscle strains are similar to rotator cuff injuries in that they are generally caused by overextension. Any muscle in your body can be strained or sprained but it can be especially painful when it happens in a frequently used muscle such as at your shoulder.
Seek Treatment With Your Chiropractor in Logan
These problems with your shoulder can be treated with one or more of the chiropractic care techniques offer at Le Fevre Chiropractic. We have extensive experience in handling several different conditions and work one-on-one with each of our patients to determine the best course of action to meet their health goals. Call us today at (435) 752-4747 to learn about our treatment and to set up a consultation with our experienced and licensed chiropractor at Le Fevre Chiropractic.